Information Required When Making An Appointment
When you call to make an appointment, you will be asked to provide information about your pregnancy, your general health and your contact information. Below are some of the questions you will be asked. If you do not have all of this information at the time you call, you can still make an appointment, but we may ask that you call back with the additional information:
- Date of birth
- Phone number (this is required information as we often need to contact patients prior to their appointment; however, we will NOT identify ourselves at this number if you do not want us to).
- First day of last menstrual period or results of recent ultrasound
- Medical history: do you have any illnesses, allergies, are you taking any current medications, etc.
- Pregnancy history
- Approximate height and weight
- Insurance information (if any)
Some of these questions may seem very personal, or not necessary. However, our phone counselors require a range of information in order to create a full picture of your medical history and any special needs you may have. We want to make your experience as personalized and safe as possible, and will make every effort to identify any potential problems prior to your arrival at the office. In order to achieve this goal, it is important for you to be as honest and complete as possible when discussing your medical history and other information. All information is kept confidential, and is used to ensure the safest care possible.